Saturday, March 21, 2015

Lined Faces

It's hard to remember to dress for this weather after we've had a warmer spell; it's so easy to leave the wool coat and mittens at home. But though the calendar may say it's spring, and the longer days, higher sun, and melted snow may say the same, let me tell you, it is COLD. After shivering through a painting this evening I had the red, stiff hands to prove it.
Lined Faces. Plein air, 9 x 12" oil on linen/hardboard.
One thing I like about old barns is their character.
 These two - just look at those faces! 
 Today started out sunny, but by the time I set up to paint, the sun had disappeared behind clouds, leaving the March landscape looking a bit dull. When it finally peeked out for more than a minute, I rushed to paint in the shadows. The sunshine really lit up the land, and made the clouds look dark and blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment