Monday, July 23, 2012

Same place, different day

July 22 plein air, copyright 2012 Hannah C. Heyer, 9 x 12" oil on linen
I can't help it, I just love that tree!
 Last night I went back to the place I painted on June 4th for another go. 

The painting is still really wet and shiny, and there's a bit of glare on the left side in the photo, but you can see how it compares with the one done in June below.

The fields and colors have changed so much: the plowed field I painted before is now a corn field, the grain has ripened and is a beautiful golden color, the hay has been cut, and the grasses and weeds in the meadow/pasture are all sorts of lovely.

 I was farther up the hillside this time, with a slightly different perspective on the curves and angles of the land. Before, I painted in the morning/early afternoon, and this time I painted late - trying to finish before the sun disappeared!

June 4 plein air, copyright 2012 Hannah C. Heyer, 9 x 12" oil on linen

No comments:

Post a Comment