Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Art in the Park

I had a fantastic time in Lanesboro, MN last Sunday at the 30th annual Art in the Park. This was my second year at Art in the Park, and I'm so glad I had the opportunity to participate. Lanesboro is a beautiful little town with lots of character, in a particularly beautiful part of Minnesota. And the weather was an answered prayer. Gorgeous!
I was a lot more organized and prepared this year, though I still had plenty of last minute mistakes and hiccups (painting wire-hung upside-down, missing table cloth, forgotten food, last minute label-making, missing my exit, etc.). My sister Grace came with me and helped me so much over the weekend. I couldn't have done it without her! It was a lot of work-- which is perhaps why she's seemingly passed out behind the table in this shot...


So yes. It was a good time. There was some great music, though I was sort of between two types of music, which made for a strange combination at times. Also got to see the fabulous Morris dancers.
I really enjoyed just being able to put my work out there for people to see up close, and getting some good feedback as well. Thanks to everyone who stopped by my booth and helped make the day extra interesting and fun!














No comments:

Post a Comment